We’re all looking for ways to save money in the local church right now. Twitter is a great way to get the word out FOR FREE.
Great post on 8 ways for the local church to use Twitter:
My top reasons:
1) Multiple touch points: You see what’s happening in the daily life of your people – provide pastoral care & checking in with each other
2) Announcements/Reminders: Remind followers of upcoming events & new blog posts/sermons
3) Continue & deepen the conversation: Keep talking about sermon themes during the week – take it further than you can during the weekend
4) Twitter Bible studies: They’re calling it a Twible Study. Give a Bible verse & ask people for one application. See examples here: http://search.twitter.com/search?q=twiblestudy
5) Transparency: I appreciate churches & organization who don’t hold onto information with a death grip – be honest & open
6) Prayer Requests: A large group can pray for someone or a situation even faster than receiving an email
7) Tweet Sermons: Followers can tweet during the sermon as a way to connect with their Twitter followers
Jason Ohler: I know only one thing about the technology that awaits us in the future: We will find ways to tell stories with it.